Learn more about who we are by visiting theworld.org/whoweare.
Help us reach our goal of 1,000 donors today!
Donate $100 or pledge $8.33/month to receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team!
The challenges to immigration reform after the Trump administration
During his campaign, candidate Joe Biden said that on day one, he would submit an immigration reform bill to Congress. What challenges will Biden face in reforming US immigration policy? And, there is a growing debate taking place about a possible boycott of the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing due to allegations of human rights abuses. Also, wildlife photographer Paul Nicklen and his organization SeaLegacy recently teamed up with a conservation group to raise half a million dollars to buy out the hunting licenses for wolves off the coast of British Columbia, Canada, in order to protect them.
Big news! The World is participating in NewsMatch. From now until the end of the year, every dollar of support will be generously matched by a coalition of national funders. This means a gift of $50 will provide $100 of support for The World’s critical journalism. Double your impact today!
Thank you for your support. Visit www.theworld.org/give to donate.
- Biden’s immigration to-do list November 10, 2020
- European Union antitrust suit aims to rein in Amazon November 10, 2020
- Former Google CEO reportedly buys citizenship in Cyprus November 10, 2020
- Is Ethiopia on the brink of civil war? November 10, 2020
- Peru impeachment sparks protests November 10, 2020
- Human rights groups weigh boycott of 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing November 10, 2020
- Wildlife photographer helps save Canada’s sea wolves November 10, 2020
- He survived torture in a Syrian prison. Now, he’s set to study in the US. November 10, 2020
- Armenia, Azerbaijan, Russia sign deal to end fighting in Nagorno-Karabakh November 10, 2020
- Veteran Palestinian negotiator dies of COVID-19 at age 65 November 10, 2020