Learn more about who we are by visiting theworld.org/whoweare.
Help us reach our goal of 1,000 donors today!
Donate $100 or pledge $8.33/month to receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team!
Challenges await the distribution of a COVID-19 vaccine
Once a vaccine for COVID-19 is approved, UNICEF is planning to do a massive airlift to get the vaccine to countries who need it, especially poorer ones. What will it take to get the vaccine distributed? And, Australia has released a scathing report that finds that members of Australian special forces unlawfully killed 39 people in Afghanistan. Also, mental health has become a growing concern in the pandemic, and researchers are gaining a deeper understanding of the magnitude around the globe. It's not good, but there are some glimmers of hope.
Be a superhero and help keep The World spinning! Our coverage wouldn’t be possible without incredible individuals working behind the scenes. Donate today to support the work of our superhero staff and help keep our coverage free and open to all. Donate $100 or pledge $8.33/month to receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team! Visit theworld.org/whoweare to make your contribution and learn more about the superheroes behind The World's compelling stories! Thank you for your support.
- Air transport sector faces sky-high challenges flying COVID-19 vaccines to far-flung places November 20, 2020
- Kenya launches Oxford Astrazeneca vaccine trial amid second wave of coronavirus November 20, 2020
- Needless deaths in Romania’s hospitals November 20, 2020
- Australia acknowledges war crimes November 20, 2020
- Faces behind rising COVID-19 death numbers November 20, 2020
- Mental health issues rise amid pandemic November 20, 2020
- An Afghan asylum-seeker lost his son in tragic boat journey to Greece. Now, he faces prison time. November 20, 2020
- Closed curtains in London’s West End November 20, 2020