Boris Johnson's landslide victory in Britain
Prime Minister Boris Johnson won in a landslide in Britain's general election on Thursday, Dec. 12. The polls earlier had given Johnson's Conservative Party an advantage but it wasn't even close and now Brexit appears likely to move forward. And, the US-China trade war might be closer to ending. Officials in Washington and Beijing have confirmed they've reached a preliminary agreement on a trade deal. And, a historic electric aircraft flight took place in Canada.
The World is a public media news program that relies on the support of listeners like you. Donate today during our NewsMatch campaign and have your donation doubled.
- UK landslide, but what's next? December 13, 2019
- US-China announce trade deal December 13, 2019
- India’s citizenship law December 13, 2019
- UN climate summit draws to close with mixed results December 13, 2019
- Historic electric plane flight December 13, 2019
- After UK elections, could Johnson face a 'disunited' kingdom? December 13, 2019
- US senate votes unanimously to recognize Armenian genocide December 13, 2019
- French pension reform is one more way to erode the social safety net, activists say December 13, 2019
- The NBA in Mexico December 13, 2019
- Protesters take to streets hours after Algerian election December 13, 2019
- The river Seine in song December 13, 2019