Anti-coup demonstrations in Myanmar turn deadly
Ever since Myanmar’s military led a coup, demonstrators have flooded the streets of major cities. Now, the tense standoff between the military and the popular uprising has taken a deadly turn after the deaths of three protesters. And, the COVID-19 vaccine effort is in many ways like no other, even to organizations like UNICEF, which has been working on vaccine outreach for decades. Also, NASA’s latest exploration of Mars with the Perseverance rover sent audio back from the Red Planet for the very first time.
- Leading Myanmar activist speaks out
- UN Human Rights Council starts work to address a ‘pandemic of human rights abuses'
- Oil spill devastates Israel’s Mediterranean coast
- First ship passage through Arctic waters in February raises climate alarm
- Vaccine outreach gears up
- British celebs, religious leaders fight vaccine hesitancy in minorities
- Ecuador’s recent presidential election edges closer to resolution
- Words written on ‘The Scream’ painting scrawled by artist himself, tests find
- Lloyd's of London examines its ties to the trans-Atlantic slave trade
- Listen to the sounds of Mars for the first time