Anger over Bolsonaro's mishandling of COVID-19 sparks protests
Brazil continues to struggle with the coronavirus. Anger may have reached a tipping point there, with Brazilians taking to the streets in organized protests. Also, Western nations designated a Syrian rebel leader as a terrorist. Now, he's trying to soften his image by meeting with Western media. And, the offspring of a revered African freedom fighter, and a rapper delivering her vision of "Afrofuturism." The music and message of Sammus.
- ‘Bolsonaro, get out!’: Protesters across Brazil call for president’s ouster
- COVID downward spiral in Latin America disrupts life-saving services
- Netanyahu could soon be out as Israeli prime minister
- A terrorist or a reformer?
- China’s changes in policy on family size
- Colombia protests persist
- Tackling California’s immigrant and lower-vaccinated neighborhoods
- Human rights groups concerned about detained Cuban dissident artist
- Forging new space: The multidimensional Afrofuturism of Sammus