Airlifts continue out of Kabul after deadly explosions
Airlifts out of Kabul continue just one day after bombings rocked the area around the airport. More than 100 people are dead, including 13 US troops. Also, when Europe began its vaccination rollout last December, Romania was one of the fastest out of the bloc, but that quickly fizzled out. In the last few weeks, the government has turned to the Romanian Orthodox Church for help. And, across the US, we hear from refugee resettlement agencies and volunteers as they prepare to host tens of thousands of Afghans arriving in the US.
- ‘The entire city was shaking’
- Are the US and Mexico working together in mass deportations to Guatemala?
- Blue whales return to Spain’s coast after 40 years
- Romanian government turns to church in COVID crisis
- If one person protests a lockdown, does it make a sound?
- Walking Eagle News: Satirical news from an Indigenous perspective
- Tension in South Sudan over a return to violence
- Afghan families are being rapidly resettled in the US. But adjusting to their new lives will take years.
- Research reveals the secret of Stradivarius violins