A show about how — and why — pets become our muses. Elias Weiss Friedman, the photographer behind the blog The Dogist, shows Kurt Andersen how to photograph a pooch and get that cocked-head, raised-ears look. Dog trainer Teresa Miller explains how she trained the canine stars of the Hungarian film “White God” to perform. Jazz legend Charles Mingus’ lesser known masterwork: a book about how he toilet trained his cat. Why Laurie Anderson decided to start performing concerts for dogs. Writer John Haskell’s tribute to the Soviet space dog Laika. And Sean Cole examines whether animals can ever really be creative.
- From trailer park pups to Hollywood: How to train a four-legged star May 17, 2018
- Charles Mingus toilet trained his cat. We put his method to the test. May 17, 2018
- Who’s a good audience? You are! Yes, you are! May 17, 2018
- Laika's dream May 17, 2018
- Animal artists May 17, 2018
- How do you take the perfect dog portrait? The Dogist has you covered. May 17, 2018