Like what you’re reading? We need your support. Make a gift to support our work now, and your donation will be matched, dollar for dollar.
After Dorian, who gets to come to the US?
Thousands of Bahamians are trying to relocate after Hurricane Dorian. Some of them are trying to join family in the US, prompting questions about who is able to leave the Bahamas and how. The negotiations to end the Afghan war took a stunning turn over the weekend when President Donald Trump revealed a plan to invite Afghan and Taliban leaders to Camp David and then said that the plan had been canceled. On Monday, Trump declared any talks between the US and the Taliban dead. What does this mean for the end of war in Afghanistan? And protests continue in Hong Kong, where protestors have been fighting what they call a "revolution in the streets." But how much revolution will Beijing tolerate?
- Bahamians evacuate September 09, 2019
- Taliban talks risk women’s future September 09, 2019
- Trump abruptly canceled Afghan peace talks. What comes next? September 09, 2019
- How close are Hong Kong’s protests to China’s 'red line'? September 09, 2019
- A father reunites with his daughter while steering Bahama rescue September 09, 2019
- Build the wall across the San Pedro River? Many say no. September 09, 2019
- Russia-Ukraine prisoner swap September 09, 2019
- ‘Smart vote’ protests in Russia deal Putin’s party a blow in elections September 09, 2019
- Scottish town wants its witch bones back September 09, 2019