Learn more about who we are by visiting theworld.org/whoweare.
Help us reach our goal of 1,000 donors today!
Donate $100 or pledge $8.33/month to receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team!
PRI audio player
There's a fringe proposal to counter the pandemic gaining some traction: Just let the virus spread and let a population build up "natural herd immunity." But this week, leading public health experts from around the globe pushed back, warning that the idea is extremely dangerous. And, former defense minister of Mexico, retired Gen. Salvador Cienfuegos, has been arrested in Los Angeles in connection with drug-related corruption. Plus, New Zealanders head to the polls.
- QAnon's global reach October 16, 2020
- Public health experts warn against herd immunity strategy to manage COVID-19 October 16, 2020
- New Zealanders head to the polls October 16, 2020
- 2020 Election: The World’s reporters talk immigration policy October 16, 2020
- Mexico’s former defense secretary arrested in US October 16, 2020
- In Kenya, a hectic reopening of schools October 16, 2020
- Black barrister speaks out against racism in UK legal system October 16, 2020
- Silicon Valley’s service job cuts hurt immigrant communities October 16, 2020
- Sounds of endangered birds October 16, 2020