International condemnation mounts over Russia's recognition of Georgia's breakaway regions of South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
Russia's president, Dmitry Medvedev, recognizes the Georgian regions of South Ossetia and Abkhazia as independent states. ...
Ivan Soltanovsky, Russia's deputy ambassador to NATO, on Russia's position regarding Georgia....
The history, events and factors that led to the current conflict between Russia and Georgia. ...
Russia's military actions and China's economic strength have dramatized new challenges for the U.S. ...
The latest on the confrontation in Georgia, and the new international realities -- including the role of oil....
China opens the 2008 Olympic Games with a lavish ceremony in Beijing, watched on TV by more than one billion people....
Chinaâ€™s accused of breaking promises and â€tarnishing the legacy of the Gamesâ€, but are the Olympics a sure path from despotism to democracy?...
A deal for India and sanctions for Iran -- how the U.S. is inconsistent when it comes to a worldwide nuclear policy....
A UN-sponsored report claims the international community has failed to provide even the most basic support to Darfur. ...
- Hezbollah declares public support for Assad's ruling Syrian regime
- Palestinian prisoners represent lightning rod issue for both Israelis and Palestinians
- Runners honor Boston in first international marathon in Bethlehem
- Pakistan boosts national pride by breaking world records
- Egyptian-American man sends a message while running last week's Jerusalem marathon
- Palestinian man's death in Israeli jail leads to speculation about third intifada
- Syrian opposition moves conflict closer to Damascus
- Abu Dhabi hospital focuses on patients of the avian kind
- Israeli soccer team trying to get handle on racism among fans
- Palestinian protesters take page from Israeli settlers' book
- Experts see North's hands in reported computer attack on South Korea
- North Korea increases rhetoric, threatens pre-emptive nuclear strike
- Japanese photographers volunteer to help tsunami, earthquake victims find memories
- In China, a new building has a nearby knockoff before its even built
- China's new leadership faces challenges in the new year
- North Korea conducts third nuclear test in challenge to global community
- California professor leading project to get Vietnamese immigrant to tell their own story
- Migrant workers in Thailand in line for a raise -- if they can prove they're legal
- Pakistanis question government's use of bans on cell phones, other tech
- Popularity of 'white weddings' surges in Japan, leads to shortage of officiants
- Mali's last master calligrapher escapes violence in Timbuktu with ancient manuscripts in tow
- Militants in Mali take hostages in Algeria
- Increase of French forces in Mali, hopes to end ongoing crisis
- Tourist trade dries up as Mali struggles with Islamist insurgency
- In Africa, Malians forced to flee, frustrated by lack of progress
- Chips Funga: Kenyans transform term for French fries into slang for one-night stand
- After Libyan revolution, multi-cultural community torn apart
- Women in Sierra Leone face high barriers to participation in politics
- South Africa introduces new currency design, honoring Nelson Mandela
- Next generation of Mali musicians face a country that won't let them perform