Science and Technology
Meet the star-studded science team recruited to lead major departments during Obama's presidency.
Reports warn that the U.S. is falling behind in science, technology, engineering and math as other countries rise in these areas....
The science behind keeping resolutions -- why our brain might actually prevent us from being successful in following through. ...
The extra second added to 2008, atomic clocks, the GMT and other ways timekeepers try to keep us all on time....
Treasure hunters and historians race to the bottom of the sea as technological advances open up new possibilities for undersea archaeology....
We could be on the verge of solving one of the biggest cosmological mysteries in our time -- the discovery of dark matter....
In the second half of the 20th century, Bell Labs was a hotbed of unfettered creativity, churning out inventions, patents, and Nobel Prizes. ...
The late Michael Crichton and others explore the science, the ethics, and the controversy of the new era of genetic testing....
The Indian satellite Chandrayaan-1, which means "lunar craft" in Sanskrit, is scheduled to orbit the moon for two years....
Using hip-hop to teach Newton's Three Laws of Motion, how "Nova" stays current, and the life and times of Albert Einstein....
- Electric cars could produce efficiencies for national electric grid
- Recent solar panel adopter sees success in eliminating electric bill
- Donald Trump loses land battle to Scottish wind farm
- In wake of Fukushima, Japan struggling with renewable energy versus nuclear
- Collaboration could be the answer in U.S. energy debate
- Sri Lankan scientists create renewable batteries powered by plantain trees
- French sour on nuclear power
- Proposed budget cuts domestic funding for fusion research, may delay 'energy of the future'
- Report: U.S. energy imports down, exports up; energy independence in sight?
- Obama travels to Cushing, Okla., to announce his support for part of Keystone XL pipeline
- Peru's president orders environmental clean-up in Amazon oil region
- Right whale born in cold North Atlantic waters beats odds, survives winter
- Sushi chef tries to get people to open up to more sustainable ingredients
- As climate changes, one species faces extinction by becoming exclusively female
- Federal report shows EPA regulations produce more economic benefits than costs
- Activists see progress in convincing groups to divest from fossil fuels
- Farmers in Pennsylvania taking proceeds from fracking and investing in solar
- Landslides more prevalent in Pacific Northwest as climate change indicates rain increase
- Australia trying to educate citizens on crocodile safety -- to save the crocodiles
- EPA raises concerns about State Department's Keystone environmental statement
- New York design company turning to mushrooms to grow natural packaging to replace styrofoam
- Researcher pioneers low-cost means of storing energy
- New Digital Public Library of America seeks to increase accessibility to treasured works
- London's water service looking to turn sewer's 'fatbergs' into power
- Austin prepares to welcome second installation of Google's Fiber project
- French carmaker brings air-powered hybrid car to market
- Wearable gadgets track athletes' performance to improve workouts
- Lie-detection kiosk detects dishonesty with high degree of accuracy
- Bioengineers create life-like human ear with 3-D printer
- U.S. computer security firm unveils report linking cyber hacking group to China's military