Politics and Society
Tucson's school district was told that its Mexican-American Studies program violated an Arizona law barring ethnic studies, but they were never told how, or why. Now teachers say the school district is implementing draconian actions to try and stay in compliance with a law no one understands.
Mitt Romney, the clear frontrunner, faced a general assault from his Republican challengers at a debate in South Carolina, just a few days before the state votes in its primary....
Jon Huntsman told top advisors on Sunday that he would end his bid to be the next president of the United States. He endorsed Mitt Romney today in South Carolina....
Mitt Romney's quest for the Republican presidential nomination continues, with South Carolina's primary coming up on Saturday. But is his biggest problem that he seems too presidential?...
Taiwan chose their next president in elections across the country today. Ma Ying-jeou, the incumbent, swept into power four years ago with a broad mandate, but his support waned in recent months....
Tiffany Brewer's sister was shot and killed by her husband, David Gatlin, in what she describes as a cold, methodical murder. Gatlin was pardoned recently by outgoing Gov. Haley Barbour, but critics say the pardons are not legitimate....
After a decade-long fight, the Rev. David Kennedy, a Black minister, has a court order saying that he is the rightful owner of the Echo Theatre, home to The Redneck Shop, one of the most notorious KKK shops in the United States....
Stephen Colbert used his TV show Thursday night to announce he was forming an exploratory committee to consider running for "President of the United States of South Carolina."...
Over in Europe, the anti-Europe rhetoric from Republican presidential candidates is being viewed with a mix of skepticism and disbelief. Do these candidates really know what's going on in Europe right now, is the question many are asking....
Gov. Mitt Romney's been on a successful path, but his supporters aren't exactly filled with passion. Some of his long-time supporters are trying to understand why....
- U.S. faces hurdles if it chooses to extradite NSA leaker Snowden to face criminal charges
- Iranian President-elect a moderate, with unknown ability to reform
- U.S. Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voter citizenship provision
- Survey finds broad support for Edward Snowden, NSA leaker
- Greek government, citing budget problems, pulls plug on public broadcaster
- NSA whistleblower reveals himself, hopes for safety in Hong Kong
- U.S. Congress reopens debate over replacing dollar bills with coins
- Spanish town reminds dog owners to pick up after their pets ... with special deliveries
- What can the NSA do with phone and Internet data?
- Why are black people four times more likely than whites to be arrested for marijuana crimes?
- Turkey's Creationist TV channel uses women described as 'Barbie-like' to spread message
- Catholic priests in Philippines bring Mass to shopping malls to meet the people
- Among Myanmar's large Buddhist population, monks, monasteries play important role
- 'I am a Mormon' campaign launches in London, in response to play's debut
- Yangon Muslims watch nervously as violence spreads in Myanmar
- New Pope Francis gets less than warm greeting from Venezuela
- New book seeks to guide Orthodox Jewish newly weds in sexual intimacy
- Latino Catholics in the U.S. embrace Catholic Church's new Argentinian pope
- Argentina's Dirty War revisited after new pope is elected
- Catholic Church unveils Pope Francis as next leader
- Intelligence officials defend surveillance programs as a necessity in the war on terrorism
- Deportation leaves family split apart, no one truly home
- Modern family takes on new dimension when it comes to structure, gender
- Obama administration drops objection to Plan B ruling
- George Zimmerman trial enters jury selection
- Silicon Valley's immigrant janitors given chance to learn English at work
- States consider reforms to help domestic workers move out of shadows
- Ukraine’s Asgarda martial arts program recasts Amazon warrior women
- Undocumented immigrant caregiver tells story from inside invisible workforce
- Meat processing across the Midwest largely done by immigrants