Politics and Society
The Secret Service, responsible for protecting presidents, former presidents and nominated presidential candidates will being protecting Mitt Romney on Wednesday after his campaign requested — and received permission — for their services.
As the Florida primary results continue to pour in, several major national news outlets are projecting that Mitt Romney won big in Florida today. Newt Gingrich was projected to come in third, followed by Rick Santorum and then Ron Paul....
As Florida voters head to the polls today, they're probably thankful that, if nothing else, the political calls they've been getting will likely come to an end. But if you're not so fortunate, you can register your displeasure with a robocall of your own....
Floridians are voting now for whom they prefer as the GOP Presidential challenger to President Barack Obama. Polls in Florida are open until 7 p.m. local time....
With less than 24 hours until voting begins in Florida, Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich remained locked in a fight for first place in the largest state to-date to vote for a Republican presidential nominee. But polls in Florida show Romney pulling away....
A Chrysler 300C once owned by then Sen. Barack Obama has been listed for sale on eBay. The starting bid is $1 million — 66 times the vehicle's blue book value....
As Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney criss-cross Florida trying to secure enough support to win Tuesday's presidential primary, they're focusing a lot of energy on winning the Cuban vote. But the previously monolithically Republican bloc is fraying and sending support in multiple directions....
The latest polls show former Gov. Mitt Romney with a widening lead in the Florida Republican primary, just a day after a GOP debate where Romney took the gloves off and went after his opponents, especially former House Speaker Newt Gingrich....
Indiana is set to become the 23rd state to pass a right to work law. The bill prohibits unions from entering into employment contracts that prevent workers from opting out of joining and paying dues to the union....
In the latest polls, Mitt Romney is back on top with time running out until Florida voters cast ballots on Tuesday. Meanwhile, Newt Gingrich and Romney are tangling over immigration, seeking to gain the upper hand....
- European Union prepares to adopt 24th official language as costs mount, calls for English rise
- U.K. tries to get back to business, make sense of brutal attack on British soldier in London
- In Tornado Alley, weathercasters admired for keeping communities safe
- Spaniards outraged by new, strict EU regulations on olive oil
- James Rosen case prompts frank discuss about balance between First Amendment, national security
- Syrian mother struggles over whether to return to husband, home as civil war rages
- Deadly tornado rips through Oklahoma City suburbs, killing dozens
- Syria’s civil war ends long quiet in Israeli-controlled Golan Heights
- American diplomat expelled from Russia for spying evokes memories of Cold War
- While 11 million people may live in U.S. illegally -- the impact extends to millions more
- Catholic priests in Philippines bring Mass to shopping malls to meet the people
- Among Myanmar's large Buddhist population, monks, monasteries play important role
- 'I am a Mormon' campaign launches in London, in response to play's debut
- Yangon Muslims watch nervously as violence spreads in Myanmar
- New Pope Francis gets less than warm greeting from Venezuela
- New book seeks to guide Orthodox Jewish newly weds in sexual intimacy
- Latino Catholics in the U.S. embrace Catholic Church's new Argentinian pope
- Argentina's Dirty War revisited after new pope is elected
- Catholic Church unveils Pope Francis as next leader
- Bulgaria chooses new religious leader -- with complex past
- States consider reforms to help domestic workers move out of shadows
- Ukraine’s Asgarda martial arts program recasts Amazon warrior women
- Undocumented immigrant caregiver tells story from inside invisible workforce
- Meat processing across the Midwest largely done by immigrants
- China's hukou system puts migrant workers at severe economic disadvantage
- Ethnic Karen refugees from Myanmar find foothold in North Carolina
- Pakistani women have new tools to fight disfiguring acid attacks
- Some immigrant women, victims of domestic violence, afraid to seek help
- Grand jury will convene to consider more charges in Ohio rape case
- Congress holds hearing on changing how military handles sexual assault cases