Politics and Society
The Michigan Primary election is Tuesday, with candidates choosing between the four remaining Republican Presidential hopefuls. The race is neck-and-neck between Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum, with neither able to permanently hold onto the momentum.
As Mitt Romney looks to consolidate his position in Arizona, and perhaps shore up support for the general election in a state that used to be solidly Republican but it slowly turning purple, he picked up a key endorsement from popular Gov. Jan Brewer....
The latest polls project that Mitt Romney will sweep the next two electoral contests -- giving a badly needed bounce to a candidate who has been the Republican frontrunner all along, but whose most noteworthy victories came in New Hampshire and Florida....
You may have heard of brokered conventions, but what you mean might better be described as a 'contested' convention. And one political scientist says this year's Republican convention is shaping up to possibly be a contested one -- but it's still not likely....
Voters in Arizona and Colorado will go to the polls on Tuesday to state their preference among the four remaining Republican presidential hopefuls: Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul. At a debate Wednesday night, the closeness of the race was on display as the candidates fought it out with some of the sharpest exchanges of the campaign....
The impact of the subprime mortgage crisis and economic strain across the country has drastically increased the number of Americans living in poverty. According to the latest census data, 47 million Americans are now living below the poverty line....
A new study from the Pew Research Center finds that the majority of Americans support interracial marriage and about 45 percent think that it's socially good when interracial marriage happens — a startling turn around in the 45 years since the Supreme Court struck down laws banning interracial marriage....
After a couple months of wrangling, Congress has sent a bill to President Obama that extends through the end of the year payroll tax cuts, unemployment benefits and a fix in reimbursement rates for doctors doing work on Medicare patients....
A Super PAC that's backing Mitt Romney is airing an attack ad that a public policy professor says is beyond misleading. But Rick Santorum, the target of that ad, has responded with his own attack ad that also stretches the truth....
Mitt Romney is struggling to connect with Michigan voters, his polling numbers indicate. Rick Santorum has surged to a big lead as Romney comes to the state where he was born and grew up....
- Spaniards outraged by new, strict EU regulations on olive oil
- James Rosen case prompts frank discuss about balance between First Amendment, national security
- Syrian mother struggles over whether to return to husband, home as civil war rages
- Deadly tornado rips through Oklahoma City suburbs, killing dozens
- Syria’s civil war ends long quiet in Israeli-controlled Golan Heights
- American diplomat expelled from Russia for spying evokes memories of Cold War
- While 11 million people may live in U.S. illegally -- the impact extends to millions more
- Tel Aviv offers insights as Boston prepares permanent memorial to Boston Marathon victims
- Police in Cleveland trying to figure out how man hid abducted women for a decade
- Fence along U.S.-Mexico border near San Diego represents a barrier and a bridge
- Among Myanmar's large Buddhist population, monks, monasteries play important role
- 'I am a Mormon' campaign launches in London, in response to play's debut
- Yangon Muslims watch nervously as violence spreads in Myanmar
- New Pope Francis gets less than warm greeting from Venezuela
- New book seeks to guide Orthodox Jewish newly weds in sexual intimacy
- Latino Catholics in the U.S. embrace Catholic Church's new Argentinian pope
- Argentina's Dirty War revisited after new pope is elected
- Catholic Church unveils Pope Francis as next leader
- Bulgaria chooses new religious leader -- with complex past
- American rabbi elected to Israeli Knesset with hopes of bridging sectarian divide
- States consider reforms to help domestic workers move out of shadows
- Ukraine’s Asgarda martial arts program recasts Amazon warrior women
- Undocumented immigrant caregiver tells story from inside invisible workforce
- Meat processing across the Midwest largely done by immigrants
- China's hukou system puts migrant workers at severe economic disadvantage
- Ethnic Karen refugees from Myanmar find foothold in North Carolina
- Pakistani women have new tools to fight disfiguring acid attacks
- Some immigrant women, victims of domestic violence, afraid to seek help
- Grand jury will convene to consider more charges in Ohio rape case
- Congress holds hearing on changing how military handles sexual assault cases