Business and Economy
The floundering financial industry gets lifeline from central banks in North America, Asia and Europe.
AIG will be backed up with $85 billion in taxpayer money -- unprecedented government intervention to ease the private financial crisis....
An AIG bankruptcy could hit the world economy harder than any other -- why the insurance giant's failure could have global consequences....
The American financial system has been shaken to its core, and the troubles on Wall Street reverberate around the globe....
The Bush Administration has taken control of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in an effort to stabilize the housing market and U.S. economy....
The world economy is threatened by what some believe is most dangerous crisis since the depression of the 1930s: the mortgage crisis in the U.S....
Foreigners are snapping up properties from coast-to-coast, attracted by the weak dollar that makes American housing a bargain....
Americans are carrying $2.5 trillion in consumer debt -- the next bubble to burst may be in the credit card market. ...
The dynamics of the old world and the new world are changing -- a fundamental shift in global economic influence is under way....
Stock value plunges for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- the largest issuers of mortgage loans to most middle-class Americans....
- Woman pulled alive from rubble of Bangladesh factory collapse; expert calls for reform
- Far from Pacific home, Micronesians making Missouri home
- Spain's weak economy leads families to abandon domesticated horses to die
- Obama, Boehner aiming for post-Christmas deal to avoid fiscal cliff
- In India, economic growth hasn't led to food security
- 6 questions that help explain how the fiscal cliff will affect you
- Charlotte restaurant serves up free meals, jobs, fellowship for homeless
- Economist says the American retirement system has failed
- Libor manipulation scandal may have cost cities and states millions in losses
- For many, federal unemployment benefits will expire sooner than expected
- California group helps immigrants move into traditional financial sector
- Chilean social entrepreneur saves families money by taking detergent out of its packaging
- Communities seek to forge small business ties between Mexico, U.S.
- Singapore transplants create iPad app, comic book spinoff, to teach Chinese to English speakers
- Pakistani man turns dust into treasure
- Asian market in Missouri becomes hub of many different immigrant communities
- Successful energy development program in Haiti shut down because of funding
- Arab Spring presents opportunities for Middle Eastern women entrepreneurs
- Columbia University janitor graduates with degree in Classics
- 'Cash Mobs' profit locally owned stores
- South African students face real danger in simply getting to school each day
- China's economy at crossroads between freer enterprise, state control
- Chinese land reform efforts move ahead with more fits than starts
- China's one-child policy increasingly being questioned
- Asia Development Bank imagines fleet of electric trikes to help Manila
- No Excuses: Year begins at ascendant science-focused school in South Africa
- Activists call for renewal of diplomatic relationship between Iran, U.S.
- United Arab Emirates makes Missouri town beneficiary of expanded endeavor on foreign aid
- Ethiopia's economy benefiting from emigrants returning home
- My Micro NY creates smaller living for New York City
- FoodCorps grows food for education and change
- Public Radio International acquired by Boston public broadcaster WGBH
- Federer's Wimbledon win generates six-figure donation to British charity
- Susan G. Komen foundation reverses decision to defund Planned Parenthood
- California-based Cold War museum tries to preserve reminders of bygone era
- Peace Corps looking for more volunteers among AARP age group
- America's food pantries find rising need leading to empty shelves as Thanksgiving arrives
- The Tavis Smiley Show's "Poverty in America" – Children and Education
- The Tavis Smiley Show's "Poverty in America" – Seniors
- What PETA hopes its .XXX porn site will do for animal rights