Business and Economy
The fighting in Libya has many in the financial markets scared. Further unrest could threaten the US economic recovery.
Car sales in Argentina are going through the sun roof. Many people invest to avoid inflation....
Some US farmers say a steady supply of legal immigrants has become too unreliable, so they're moving to where many of the workers come from: Mexico....
The United States pioneered much of the internet. But US broadband connections now lag far behind much of the rest of the world....
About 3,500 people leave the Philippines every day to search for jobs overseas. The country's government is trying to stem the tide. ...
Voters have seen fear mongering and political wrangling over the issue of job losses to China in the current election....
Linking unemployment to illegal immigration is popular in this year's election campaigns, but economists say take a closer look....
The middle class may be in trouble in the United States, but in China and India, the middle class is growing at an astounding rate. ...
The first Israeli cookbook devoted entirely to pork was recently published in Israel, and was met by a surprisingly muted reaction....
The governor of Ohio has banned foreign outsourcing to countries like India in a wave of protectionism in the economic crisis....
- Woman pulled alive from rubble of Bangladesh factory collapse; expert calls for reform
- Far from Pacific home, Micronesians making Missouri home
- Spain's weak economy leads families to abandon domesticated horses to die
- Obama, Boehner aiming for post-Christmas deal to avoid fiscal cliff
- In India, economic growth hasn't led to food security
- 6 questions that help explain how the fiscal cliff will affect you
- Charlotte restaurant serves up free meals, jobs, fellowship for homeless
- Economist says the American retirement system has failed
- Libor manipulation scandal may have cost cities and states millions in losses
- For many, federal unemployment benefits will expire sooner than expected
- Chilean social entrepreneur saves families money by taking detergent out of its packaging
- Communities seek to forge small business ties between Mexico, U.S.
- Singapore transplants create iPad app, comic book spinoff, to teach Chinese to English speakers
- Pakistani man turns dust into treasure
- Asian market in Missouri becomes hub of many different immigrant communities
- Successful energy development program in Haiti shut down because of funding
- Arab Spring presents opportunities for Middle Eastern women entrepreneurs
- Columbia University janitor graduates with degree in Classics
- 'Cash Mobs' profit locally owned stores
- Don't need your car today? How about renting it out?
- South African students face real danger in simply getting to school each day
- China's economy at crossroads between freer enterprise, state control
- Chinese land reform efforts move ahead with more fits than starts
- China's one-child policy increasingly being questioned
- Asia Development Bank imagines fleet of electric trikes to help Manila
- No Excuses: Year begins at ascendant science-focused school in South Africa
- Activists call for renewal of diplomatic relationship between Iran, U.S.
- United Arab Emirates makes Missouri town beneficiary of expanded endeavor on foreign aid
- Ethiopia's economy benefiting from emigrants returning home
- My Micro NY creates smaller living for New York City
- FoodCorps grows food for education and change
- Public Radio International acquired by Boston public broadcaster WGBH
- Federer's Wimbledon win generates six-figure donation to British charity
- Susan G. Komen foundation reverses decision to defund Planned Parenthood
- California-based Cold War museum tries to preserve reminders of bygone era
- Peace Corps looking for more volunteers among AARP age group
- America's food pantries find rising need leading to empty shelves as Thanksgiving arrives
- The Tavis Smiley Show's "Poverty in America" – Children and Education
- The Tavis Smiley Show's "Poverty in America" – Seniors
- What PETA hopes its .XXX porn site will do for animal rights