Arts and Entertainment
On Friday, coaches and players from the four NCAA men's basketball teams practices before the public and took questions from the media. On Saturday, it's time to bring the Final Four experience on the road, with the Kansas Jayhawks taking on the Ohio State Buckeyes and the Kentucky Wildcats set to take on the Louisville Cardinals.
American women playing basketball can make a few bucks in the WNBA. But more and more, the elite women in the WNBA are spending the league's off-season overseas, competing in Russia to make a few extra dollars while they're still in prime playing shape....
Critics agree that the 18-month sabbatical for Mad Men seems to have done the show well — with a script that evokes the best themes and plots that made the show so popular so quickly. The show returns Sunday night on the AMC network....
The NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament drives billions of dollars in spending every March, but not a dime of it goes for wages for the players. Now sure, their scholarships and the money that pays for them to travel to get there comes from that pool, but one New York Times columnist is among a growing chorus of people saying "pay the players!"....
London's multi-billion dollar investment in the Olympics will be on display for the entire world to see in just a few months. The last minute preparations are being made in order to welcome more than 15,000 athletes and tens of thousands of tourists....
For the first time ever, one state has provided four of the 16 teams still alive in the men's NCAA basketball tournament. But beyond Ohio, the Midwest United States is home to the majority of the still playing teams....
An investigation by Rob Schmitz at Marketplace concluded that the claims Mike Daisey made in an episode of This American Life could not be true. This American Life made the decision to retract the program after confronting Daisey, who admitted to making up parts of his program....
Birth control is a hot button issue this campaign season. Funding for Planned Parenthood, mandated trans-vaginal ultrasounds, and access to contraception are being discussed at every level. Recently, it is a debate that is being fought as much by entertainers as by politicians. ...
HBO's "Luck" has been canceled after a third horse died on set during the show. Some speculate, however, that it may have been a convenient reason to cancel an under-performing show....
With the NCAA Tournament underway, and the first big games just hours away on Thursday, students at Harvard are in the grips of March Madness for the first time in more than six decades. Harvard last made the NCAA Tournament in 1946....
- Eddie Huang discusses memoir, growing up Taiwanese-American
- Book 'Ghana Must Go' explores the lives of Afropolitans
- Widely praised author Stephane Hessel dies -- with one book still to publish
- Academy Award-nominee Life of Pi inspired by much older book by Brazilian author
- Classic book 'Of Mice and Men' under scrutiny in Turkey
- The Giver author describes upcoming fourth book; movie in the works
- Modern Hamlet achieves record-breaking Kickstarter campaign
- Stella Rimington: The real woman behind James Bond's M
- New book looks tells fictional tale of post-euro Europe
- Andrew McCarthy's new book tells tale of transition from movie star to travel writer
- Musician Dom La Nena's debut album fits her diminutive name
- Darcy James Argue's 'Brooklyn Babylon' almost never was
- U.K.'s hot new singer Jessie Ware debuts new album in the U.S.
- Thatcher's legacy includes activists songwriters who challenged her tenure
- Legendary Indian classical musicians bring songs to United States
- Long-lost Jimi Hendrix concert recording finds new life
- Musicologist collects Saharan music with cellphones
- Utah band blends American folk music with Chinese instruments
- Hungarian surf rock band breaks new ground in nation's music scene
- Spanish-turned American Flamenco artist releases album inspired by colors of spring
- Photographer captures images of movie sets preserved in African desert sands
- Borgia's Jeremy Irons has perfected role of being bad
- Magic, friendship and thrills among movie new releases this weekend
- 'Girl Rising' documentary highlights importance of girls' education in the developing world
- Best picture winner Argo, nominees Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty draw criticism
- Play #OscarsBingo with PRI and Studio 360
- Warm Bodies, Bullet to the Head out in theaters this weekend
- Brothers Grimm fairy tale Hansel and Gretel gets superhero upgrade
- CIA plays active role in managing its image in Hollywood films
- Zero Dark Thirty, out this weekend, 'remarkably accurate' yet still controversial
- Young musical director mashes history with music to create entertaining show
- New York's Museum of Modern Art reconsiders decision to raze neighbor
- New York's Museum of Modern Art 'acquires' @ for its permanent collection
- Irish actress plays singular role in Broadway's Testament of Mary
- Tom Hanks says he aspires to appear in a completely silent movie
- Provocative artist Charles Krafft goes public as Holocaust denier
- New play about Isaac Newton tells story of time he supposedly put a needle in his eye
- Can creativity be measured with a score?
- Architect proposes natural-inspired rethink of New York City waterfront
- New exhibition at N.Y.'s Met looks at roots of photo manipulation