Arts and Entertainment
There's a movement afoot in France to build a themepark to rival Walt Disney's Euro-Disney -- and it would feature as its main character Napoleon Bonaparte. The proposed site is about an hour south of Paris in the city of Montreau.
Bob Newhart is a legendary figure in American comedy. Alongside a 50 year career as a stand up comic, Newhart starred in two self titled sitcoms, and won a Grammy for his comedy record "The Button-Down Mind of Bob Newhart." According to Newhart, the road to success was long, and utterly unpredictable....
Ozzie Guillen, the newly minted Miami Marlins manager, has been given a five-game suspension for comments about how much he loves and respects Cuban dictator Fidel Castro. Miami's Cuban refugee community is outraged through and wants him fired outright....
CBS News correspondent Mike Wallace died this weekend in Connecticut at the age of 93. Wallace was one of the original co-hosts of CBS' "60 Minutes" when it debuted in 1968. He was one of the country's best-known broadcast journalists. ...
Kerry Washington has stared on the big screen and the small. In her latest role, in ABC's new series Scandal, she plays a character "ripped from the headlines" -- a Washington, D.C., lawyer who fixes problems for VIP clients....
Pakistan has a very small but devoted community of stand-up comics. It may be no larger than three men, but they've got a niche audience and are looking to propel their relative success in Pakistan's urban area to international attention as well....
A year-long investigation into horse racing in all 50 U.S. states has found that horses here race on drugs, race while sick and die at rates far in excess of those in other countries around the world. Worse, there seems to be no one who can do anything about it....
Sarah Palin and Katie Couric went head-to-head again Tuesday — this time as hosts of morning TV shows. Couric and Palin had a memorable interview during the 2008 presidential campaign that many say irreversibly damaged Palin's political fortunes and the John McCain-Sarah Palin presidential ticket....
It'll be two of basketball's elitest programs going head-to-head Monday night to win the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship: the Kansas Jayhawks and the Kentucky Wildcats. The two programs have more victories than any other NCAA men's team....
Look around prime time television line-ups and you'll find several examples of the economic hard times that Americans are facing. And though times are starting to look better, with the economy trending upward, more Great Recession-themed shows are popping up on TV schedules....
- Eddie Huang discusses memoir, growing up Taiwanese-American
- Book 'Ghana Must Go' explores the lives of Afropolitans
- Widely praised author Stephane Hessel dies -- with one book still to publish
- Academy Award-nominee Life of Pi inspired by much older book by Brazilian author
- Classic book 'Of Mice and Men' under scrutiny in Turkey
- The Giver author describes upcoming fourth book; movie in the works
- Modern Hamlet achieves record-breaking Kickstarter campaign
- Stella Rimington: The real woman behind James Bond's M
- New book looks tells fictional tale of post-euro Europe
- Andrew McCarthy's new book tells tale of transition from movie star to travel writer
- Musician Dom La Nena's debut album fits her diminutive name
- Darcy James Argue's 'Brooklyn Babylon' almost never was
- U.K.'s hot new singer Jessie Ware debuts new album in the U.S.
- Thatcher's legacy includes activists songwriters who challenged her tenure
- Legendary Indian classical musicians bring songs to United States
- Long-lost Jimi Hendrix concert recording finds new life
- Musicologist collects Saharan music with cellphones
- Utah band blends American folk music with Chinese instruments
- Hungarian surf rock band breaks new ground in nation's music scene
- Spanish-turned American Flamenco artist releases album inspired by colors of spring
- Photographer captures images of movie sets preserved in African desert sands
- Borgia's Jeremy Irons has perfected role of being bad
- Magic, friendship and thrills among movie new releases this weekend
- 'Girl Rising' documentary highlights importance of girls' education in the developing world
- Best picture winner Argo, nominees Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty draw criticism
- Play #OscarsBingo with PRI and Studio 360
- Warm Bodies, Bullet to the Head out in theaters this weekend
- Brothers Grimm fairy tale Hansel and Gretel gets superhero upgrade
- CIA plays active role in managing its image in Hollywood films
- Zero Dark Thirty, out this weekend, 'remarkably accurate' yet still controversial
- Young musical director mashes history with music to create entertaining show
- New York's Museum of Modern Art reconsiders decision to raze neighbor
- New York's Museum of Modern Art 'acquires' @ for its permanent collection
- Irish actress plays singular role in Broadway's Testament of Mary
- Tom Hanks says he aspires to appear in a completely silent movie
- Provocative artist Charles Krafft goes public as Holocaust denier
- New play about Isaac Newton tells story of time he supposedly put a needle in his eye
- Can creativity be measured with a score?
- Architect proposes natural-inspired rethink of New York City waterfront
- New exhibition at N.Y.'s Met looks at roots of photo manipulation