Arts and Entertainment
Skee-Ball, a classic arcade game, is getting a makeover as a nationally competitive sport. This Memorial Day weekend, 64 Skee-Ball players from all over the country tried their luck at the third annual Brewskee-Ball tournament held in Brooklyn, N.Y.
The Olympic torch relay is underway in the United Kingdom right now. More than 8,000 people will carry the torch some distance across Britain before the Olympic games start. But some of them are choosing to take the torch and sell them....
President Barack Obama's administration rolled out a new program that seeks to turn around underperforming schools by integrating the arts into the core curriculum of each school. But a former federal education official and arts advocate said it's the wrong approach to funding arts education....
Sherlock Holmes has been reborn in a series that debuts its second season this weekend on PBS. Steven Moffat, the man who reinvented Doctor Who and made it into a hit, is also behind the Holmes reboot and provides insights on what makes Sherlock Holmes work. The new season premiers on Sunday....
The audience for horse racing in the United States is declining. According to insiders, even the sport's strongest supporters are loathe to recommend racing to their friends as something worth spending time on. But there are ideas for embracing technology that some hope will turn the sport's fortunes....
The U.S. beer market is stable, not really growing, not really shrinking. But a specific subset of that market, the craft beer market, is seeing tremendous growth. It's part of an increasing American culture of buying local -- supporting businesses in your own back yard....
While the recession seems to loosening its grip on the U.S. economy, but one group isn't seeing it. The cultural creatives, small businesspeople like photographers, architects and graphic designers have seen their ranks thinned by 20 to 30 percent and are still waiting for the bounce back....
While television most likely won't disappear anytime soon, younger viewers are watching more programming online. Exclusive programming for online television streaming services Hulu and Netflix has some wondering if television is becoming outdated. ...
It's been little more than a week since the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic on April 15, 1912. Edward Kamuda, who runs the Titanic Historical Society, shared some of the memories of Titanic survivors he had corresponded with since childhood....
Las Vegas teen Syretha Shirley won a contest for her song about using a debit card instead of a credit card and resisting pressure to buy expensive items....
- Eddie Huang discusses memoir, growing up Taiwanese-American
- Book 'Ghana Must Go' explores the lives of Afropolitans
- Widely praised author Stephane Hessel dies -- with one book still to publish
- Academy Award-nominee Life of Pi inspired by much older book by Brazilian author
- Classic book 'Of Mice and Men' under scrutiny in Turkey
- The Giver author describes upcoming fourth book; movie in the works
- Modern Hamlet achieves record-breaking Kickstarter campaign
- Stella Rimington: The real woman behind James Bond's M
- New book looks tells fictional tale of post-euro Europe
- Andrew McCarthy's new book tells tale of transition from movie star to travel writer
- Turkish protesters turn slur around in protest against government actions
- Brazilian rap artist earns high praise from country's music scene
- 50 years after death, civil rights icon Medgar Evers recalled in music he inspired
- Richard Wagner's 200th birthday passes with little notice in the U.S.
- Musician Dom La Nena's debut album fits her diminutive name
- Darcy James Argue's 'Brooklyn Babylon' almost never was
- U.K.'s hot new singer Jessie Ware debuts new album in the U.S.
- Thatcher's legacy includes activists songwriters who challenged her tenure
- Legendary Indian classical musicians bring songs to United States
- Long-lost Jimi Hendrix concert recording finds new life
- Buffy, Firefly creator Joss Whedon takes time to make a more conventional movie
- Superman reboot, Hollywood movie on Hollywood make big screen debuts this weekend
- Photographer captures images of movie sets preserved in African desert sands
- Borgia's Jeremy Irons has perfected role of being bad
- Magic, friendship and thrills among movie new releases this weekend
- 'Girl Rising' documentary highlights importance of girls' education in the developing world
- Best picture winner Argo, nominees Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty draw criticism
- Play #OscarsBingo with PRI and Studio 360
- Warm Bodies, Bullet to the Head out in theaters this weekend
- Brothers Grimm fairy tale Hansel and Gretel gets superhero upgrade
- Apple seeks to chart new course with rollout of iOS 7 software
- West Bank’s only ballet school offers refuge for Palestinian kids
- Iona Rozeal Brown creates Afro-Japanese art mashup
- Sarah Sze set to represent U.S. at art's Venice Biennale
- Young musical director mashes history with music to create entertaining show
- New York's Museum of Modern Art reconsiders decision to raze neighbor
- New York's Museum of Modern Art 'acquires' @ for its permanent collection
- Irish actress plays singular role in Broadway's Testament of Mary
- Tom Hanks says he aspires to appear in a completely silent movie
- Provocative artist Charles Krafft goes public as Holocaust denier