Arts and Entertainment
The NBA and Commissioner David Stern are indicating they'll put an end to NBA players being allowed to compete on national Olympic teams. It would be the end of 20 years of cooperation.
AMC's Breaking Bad returns for its fifth and final season on Sunday, though the last season will be spread across two summers. Anna Gunn, who plays mother and leading woman Skyler White, discusses the cracks her character will display this season and the show's final evolution....
The award-winning actor died Tuesday morning at his home in North Carolina. Fans will always remember him as "America's Favorite Sheriff" during his eight seasons on the "The Andy Griffith Show" in the 1960s....
Joel Stein found out he would be having a son and, in a moment of existential crisis, decided he wasn't man enough for it. So he set out to fix it in a series of manly field trips that form the basis of his new book, Man Made: A Stupid Quest for Masculinity....
Mad Men has long been lauded for the way its transported the audience back to the 1960s. At the start, it showed that its characters weren't ready for the changes that were in store. In the season that just ended, author Tom Fitzgerald says the costumes don't just reflect states of mind, but individual plot elements....
A 'mega' lawsuit was filed last week against the NFL. The plaintiffs, more than 2,000 former NFL players, have accused the NFL of concealing information about the links between football-related head trauma and long-term brain injuries. ...
With video game playerss becoming increasingly common in American households, a considerable indie genre has also developed. While some indie video games may be as simple in design as clicking a mouse, other games offer unique and even artistic approaches to game design....
Skee-Ball, a classic arcade game, is getting a makeover as a nationally competitive sport. This Memorial Day weekend, 64 Skee-Ball players from all over the country tried their luck at the third annual Brewskee-Ball tournament held in Brooklyn, N.Y....
The Olympic torch relay is underway in the United Kingdom right now. More than 8,000 people will carry the torch some distance across Britain before the Olympic games start. But some of them are choosing to take the torch and sell them....
President Barack Obama's administration rolled out a new program that seeks to turn around underperforming schools by integrating the arts into the core curriculum of each school. But a former federal education official and arts advocate said it's the wrong approach to funding arts education....
- Eddie Huang discusses memoir, growing up Taiwanese-American
- Book 'Ghana Must Go' explores the lives of Afropolitans
- Widely praised author Stephane Hessel dies -- with one book still to publish
- Academy Award-nominee Life of Pi inspired by much older book by Brazilian author
- Classic book 'Of Mice and Men' under scrutiny in Turkey
- The Giver author describes upcoming fourth book; movie in the works
- Modern Hamlet achieves record-breaking Kickstarter campaign
- Stella Rimington: The real woman behind James Bond's M
- New book looks tells fictional tale of post-euro Europe
- Andrew McCarthy's new book tells tale of transition from movie star to travel writer
- Musician Dom La Nena's debut album fits her diminutive name
- Darcy James Argue's 'Brooklyn Babylon' almost never was
- U.K.'s hot new singer Jessie Ware debuts new album in the U.S.
- Thatcher's legacy includes activists songwriters who challenged her tenure
- Legendary Indian classical musicians bring songs to United States
- Long-lost Jimi Hendrix concert recording finds new life
- Musicologist collects Saharan music with cellphones
- Utah band blends American folk music with Chinese instruments
- Hungarian surf rock band breaks new ground in nation's music scene
- Spanish-turned American Flamenco artist releases album inspired by colors of spring
- Photographer captures images of movie sets preserved in African desert sands
- Borgia's Jeremy Irons has perfected role of being bad
- Magic, friendship and thrills among movie new releases this weekend
- 'Girl Rising' documentary highlights importance of girls' education in the developing world
- Best picture winner Argo, nominees Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty draw criticism
- Play #OscarsBingo with PRI and Studio 360
- Warm Bodies, Bullet to the Head out in theaters this weekend
- Brothers Grimm fairy tale Hansel and Gretel gets superhero upgrade
- CIA plays active role in managing its image in Hollywood films
- Zero Dark Thirty, out this weekend, 'remarkably accurate' yet still controversial
- Young musical director mashes history with music to create entertaining show
- New York's Museum of Modern Art reconsiders decision to raze neighbor
- New York's Museum of Modern Art 'acquires' @ for its permanent collection
- Irish actress plays singular role in Broadway's Testament of Mary
- Tom Hanks says he aspires to appear in a completely silent movie
- Provocative artist Charles Krafft goes public as Holocaust denier
- New play about Isaac Newton tells story of time he supposedly put a needle in his eye
- Can creativity be measured with a score?
- Architect proposes natural-inspired rethink of New York City waterfront
- New exhibition at N.Y.'s Met looks at roots of photo manipulation