Arts and Entertainment
On 'Studio 360,' a closer look at Dickinson's legendary work, and how her poem about death became standard reading curriculum at schools.
Fair Game's Ed Herro tries to find out why Girl Scout Cookies are only sold once a year....
Faith talks to fellow public radio host Ira Glass about his upcoming live "This American Life" special, to be broadcast in select movie theaters....
Faith Salie talks to Who's Line Is It Anyway? star and stand-up comedian Greg Proops on "Fair Game."...
On 'Studio 360,' Kurt Andersen visits one of the best environmental architectural designs in recent years....
Each week "Whad'Ya Know?'s" Michael Feldman looks at the happenings in the past week and offers his humorous observations about them....
Faith talks to writer Jack Handey about his new book of essays, "What I'd Say to the Martians and Other Veiled Threats."...
TV personality Andrew Zimmerman and others speak about foods forbidden for disparate reasons....
Host Jesse Thorn speaks with comedian David Mitchell about the House of Parliament and house flipping, among other things....
Author Susan Jacoby talks about anti-intellectualism and singer David Wilcox plays selections from his new CD....
- Eddie Huang discusses memoir, growing up Taiwanese-American
- Book 'Ghana Must Go' explores the lives of Afropolitans
- Widely praised author Stephane Hessel dies -- with one book still to publish
- Academy Award-nominee Life of Pi inspired by much older book by Brazilian author
- Classic book 'Of Mice and Men' under scrutiny in Turkey
- The Giver author describes upcoming fourth book; movie in the works
- Modern Hamlet achieves record-breaking Kickstarter campaign
- Stella Rimington: The real woman behind James Bond's M
- New book looks tells fictional tale of post-euro Europe
- Andrew McCarthy's new book tells tale of transition from movie star to travel writer
- Turkish protesters turn slur around in protest against government actions
- Brazilian rap artist earns high praise from country's music scene
- 50 years after death, civil rights icon Medgar Evers recalled in music he inspired
- Richard Wagner's 200th birthday passes with little notice in the U.S.
- Musician Dom La Nena's debut album fits her diminutive name
- Darcy James Argue's 'Brooklyn Babylon' almost never was
- U.K.'s hot new singer Jessie Ware debuts new album in the U.S.
- Thatcher's legacy includes activists songwriters who challenged her tenure
- Legendary Indian classical musicians bring songs to United States
- Long-lost Jimi Hendrix concert recording finds new life
- Buffy, Firefly creator Joss Whedon takes time to make a more conventional movie
- Superman reboot, Hollywood movie on Hollywood make big screen debuts this weekend
- Photographer captures images of movie sets preserved in African desert sands
- Borgia's Jeremy Irons has perfected role of being bad
- Magic, friendship and thrills among movie new releases this weekend
- 'Girl Rising' documentary highlights importance of girls' education in the developing world
- Best picture winner Argo, nominees Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty draw criticism
- Play #OscarsBingo with PRI and Studio 360
- Warm Bodies, Bullet to the Head out in theaters this weekend
- Brothers Grimm fairy tale Hansel and Gretel gets superhero upgrade
- Apple seeks to chart new course with rollout of iOS 7 software
- West Bank’s only ballet school offers refuge for Palestinian kids
- Iona Rozeal Brown creates Afro-Japanese art mashup
- Sarah Sze set to represent U.S. at art's Venice Biennale
- Young musical director mashes history with music to create entertaining show
- New York's Museum of Modern Art reconsiders decision to raze neighbor
- New York's Museum of Modern Art 'acquires' @ for its permanent collection
- Irish actress plays singular role in Broadway's Testament of Mary
- Tom Hanks says he aspires to appear in a completely silent movie
- Provocative artist Charles Krafft goes public as Holocaust denier