Arts and Entertainment
Susan Orlean, Craig Harline, David Sterritt and others talk about what makes weekends so special.
Kurt talks to Hollywood's creative movers and shakers -- recorded in front of a live audience at the Getty Center in LA....
Bob talks to former Poet Laureate Sharon Olds about about her writing, her teaching, and her refusal to dine with First Lady Laura Bush....
On 'To the Best of Our Knowledge," philosophers, artists, writers and others share stories of encounters with wild nature....
Ellison says he's the heir to Edgar Allan Poe and Jorge-Luis Borges -- Kurt talks to him about his brash reputation and his new documentary....
The history of an Amazon city by way of one of its most famous landmarks: an opera house....
Leonard Lopate talks to Laura Dern about her role as former Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris in the new HBO movie....
On 'Studio 360,' a closer look at Dickinson's legendary work, and how her poem about death became standard reading curriculum at schools....
Fair Game's Ed Herro tries to find out why Girl Scout Cookies are only sold once a year....
Faith talks to fellow public radio host Ira Glass about his upcoming live "This American Life" special, to be broadcast in select movie theaters....
- Eddie Huang discusses memoir, growing up Taiwanese-American
- Book 'Ghana Must Go' explores the lives of Afropolitans
- Widely praised author Stephane Hessel dies -- with one book still to publish
- Academy Award-nominee Life of Pi inspired by much older book by Brazilian author
- Classic book 'Of Mice and Men' under scrutiny in Turkey
- The Giver author describes upcoming fourth book; movie in the works
- Modern Hamlet achieves record-breaking Kickstarter campaign
- Stella Rimington: The real woman behind James Bond's M
- New book looks tells fictional tale of post-euro Europe
- Andrew McCarthy's new book tells tale of transition from movie star to travel writer
- Musician Dom La Nena's debut album fits her diminutive name
- Darcy James Argue's 'Brooklyn Babylon' almost never was
- U.K.'s hot new singer Jessie Ware debuts new album in the U.S.
- Thatcher's legacy includes activists songwriters who challenged her tenure
- Legendary Indian classical musicians bring songs to United States
- Long-lost Jimi Hendrix concert recording finds new life
- Musicologist collects Saharan music with cellphones
- Utah band blends American folk music with Chinese instruments
- Hungarian surf rock band breaks new ground in nation's music scene
- Spanish-turned American Flamenco artist releases album inspired by colors of spring
- Photographer captures images of movie sets preserved in African desert sands
- Borgia's Jeremy Irons has perfected role of being bad
- Magic, friendship and thrills among movie new releases this weekend
- 'Girl Rising' documentary highlights importance of girls' education in the developing world
- Best picture winner Argo, nominees Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty draw criticism
- Play #OscarsBingo with PRI and Studio 360
- Warm Bodies, Bullet to the Head out in theaters this weekend
- Brothers Grimm fairy tale Hansel and Gretel gets superhero upgrade
- CIA plays active role in managing its image in Hollywood films
- Zero Dark Thirty, out this weekend, 'remarkably accurate' yet still controversial
- Young musical director mashes history with music to create entertaining show
- New York's Museum of Modern Art reconsiders decision to raze neighbor
- New York's Museum of Modern Art 'acquires' @ for its permanent collection
- Irish actress plays singular role in Broadway's Testament of Mary
- Tom Hanks says he aspires to appear in a completely silent movie
- Provocative artist Charles Krafft goes public as Holocaust denier
- New play about Isaac Newton tells story of time he supposedly put a needle in his eye
- Can creativity be measured with a score?
- Architect proposes natural-inspired rethink of New York City waterfront
- New exhibition at N.Y.'s Met looks at roots of photo manipulation