Arts and Entertainment
Renegade filmmaker Zhang Yimou is the mastermind behind the Olympic opening ceremonies.
This weekend, the sixth annual World Cos-play Summit is taking place in Nagoya, Japan -- for manga fans, its the ultimate competition....
Salman Rushdie's multi-layered novel, three types of postmodernism identified, and Stuff White People Like....
Steve Earle sings about leaving his adopted home and falling in love again, and talks about his role on HBO's "The Wire."...
Internet super-celebrity Ze Frank's year-long daily video blog project, The Show, was one of the first great successes of the video blog world....
Comic books aren't just about people in long underwear hitting each other -- they're also a vital medium for individual artistic expression. ...
David Simon, creator of "The Wire," talks about his new seven-part mini-series on HBO about the 2003 invasion of Iraq....
John Lennon's hand-scrawled lyrics for "Give Peace a Chance" goes up for auction at Christie's....
How the Lincoln Memorial became America's soapbox and how it speaks to the better angels of our nature....
Nerds: movies have been made about their revenge, candies named after them, and they have been cast aside -- until now?...
- Eddie Huang discusses memoir, growing up Taiwanese-American
- Book 'Ghana Must Go' explores the lives of Afropolitans
- Widely praised author Stephane Hessel dies -- with one book still to publish
- Academy Award-nominee Life of Pi inspired by much older book by Brazilian author
- Classic book 'Of Mice and Men' under scrutiny in Turkey
- The Giver author describes upcoming fourth book; movie in the works
- Modern Hamlet achieves record-breaking Kickstarter campaign
- Stella Rimington: The real woman behind James Bond's M
- New book looks tells fictional tale of post-euro Europe
- Andrew McCarthy's new book tells tale of transition from movie star to travel writer
- Musician Dom La Nena's debut album fits her diminutive name
- Darcy James Argue's 'Brooklyn Babylon' almost never was
- U.K.'s hot new singer Jessie Ware debuts new album in the U.S.
- Thatcher's legacy includes activists songwriters who challenged her tenure
- Legendary Indian classical musicians bring songs to United States
- Long-lost Jimi Hendrix concert recording finds new life
- Musicologist collects Saharan music with cellphones
- Utah band blends American folk music with Chinese instruments
- Hungarian surf rock band breaks new ground in nation's music scene
- Spanish-turned American Flamenco artist releases album inspired by colors of spring
- Photographer captures images of movie sets preserved in African desert sands
- Borgia's Jeremy Irons has perfected role of being bad
- Magic, friendship and thrills among movie new releases this weekend
- 'Girl Rising' documentary highlights importance of girls' education in the developing world
- Best picture winner Argo, nominees Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty draw criticism
- Play #OscarsBingo with PRI and Studio 360
- Warm Bodies, Bullet to the Head out in theaters this weekend
- Brothers Grimm fairy tale Hansel and Gretel gets superhero upgrade
- CIA plays active role in managing its image in Hollywood films
- Zero Dark Thirty, out this weekend, 'remarkably accurate' yet still controversial
- Young musical director mashes history with music to create entertaining show
- New York's Museum of Modern Art reconsiders decision to raze neighbor
- New York's Museum of Modern Art 'acquires' @ for its permanent collection
- Irish actress plays singular role in Broadway's Testament of Mary
- Tom Hanks says he aspires to appear in a completely silent movie
- Provocative artist Charles Krafft goes public as Holocaust denier
- New play about Isaac Newton tells story of time he supposedly put a needle in his eye
- Can creativity be measured with a score?
- Architect proposes natural-inspired rethink of New York City waterfront
- New exhibition at N.Y.'s Met looks at roots of photo manipulation