Arts and Entertainment
Al Jazeera is expanding its international reach with the creation of Al Jazeera America. Media scholar Traci Griffith says, despite criticism of Al Jazeera's coverage of the United States, its entrance into the market is good for media literacy and diversity.
The National Football Leagues faces a lawsuit claiming the NFL put its business relationship with official helmet maker Riddell before the safety of its players. The lawsuit also accuses the helmet company of making inadequate football helmets for years, despite improvements in their latest line....
Edie Falco worked for years on your typical network TV shows. But when she moved to the premium channels for roles on Oz and The Sopranos, her career really took off. Now appearing on stage and on screen, she often finds herself playing the role of a woman who is deeply troubled....
Charles Krafft has recently been outed as a Holocaust denier, and one who believes that Adolf Hitler has been unfairly vilified. He says, however, that he's not advocating for a return to Nazism -- just that intellectually he doesn't believe the Holocaust could have happened....
Jamaica Kincaid's story is the story of a thousand immigrants. Sure, the details are almost certainly unique to her — becoming a successful author almost instantly isn't exactly common, but her she turned difficult circumstances into a new life in America, with her own distinct style....
Millions of dollars have been generated for creative projects through Kickstarter. But not all projects that meet their fundraising goals are successfully brought to completion. And that can sometimes lead to headaches, hurt feelings, or worse....
Thousands of former professional football players and their wives have filed a class action lawsuit against the National Football League. Now, the NFL is faced with ameliorating the problem, as well as, perhaps, a legal battle that the organization could lose....
The art director for the Bolshoi Ballet is being treated by doctors in Moscow after an acid attack outside of his Moscow apartment Thursday night. Some believe the attack is linked to his professional work with the theater, which hasn't been welcomed with open arms....
When Meehan Crist was younger, her mother had a concussion. It changed her mother's life, so much so that sometimes she'd walk into a room and not remember where she was. When Crist found out what happened, it sent her on a journey of trying to understand more about the brain....
When the media began following the heartbreaking love story of a star football player from Notre Dame and his ailing girlfriend, it created a network of support. But, the ailing girlfriend never existed. And now many want answers about whether Te'o was in on it all along....
- Eddie Huang discusses memoir, growing up Taiwanese-American
- Book 'Ghana Must Go' explores the lives of Afropolitans
- Widely praised author Stephane Hessel dies -- with one book still to publish
- Academy Award-nominee Life of Pi inspired by much older book by Brazilian author
- Classic book 'Of Mice and Men' under scrutiny in Turkey
- The Giver author describes upcoming fourth book; movie in the works
- Modern Hamlet achieves record-breaking Kickstarter campaign
- Stella Rimington: The real woman behind James Bond's M
- New book looks tells fictional tale of post-euro Europe
- Andrew McCarthy's new book tells tale of transition from movie star to travel writer
- Turkish protesters turn slur around in protest against government actions
- Brazilian rap artist earns high praise from country's music scene
- 50 years after death, civil rights icon Medgar Evers recalled in music he inspired
- Richard Wagner's 200th birthday passes with little notice in the U.S.
- Musician Dom La Nena's debut album fits her diminutive name
- Darcy James Argue's 'Brooklyn Babylon' almost never was
- U.K.'s hot new singer Jessie Ware debuts new album in the U.S.
- Thatcher's legacy includes activists songwriters who challenged her tenure
- Legendary Indian classical musicians bring songs to United States
- Long-lost Jimi Hendrix concert recording finds new life
- Buffy, Firefly creator Joss Whedon takes time to make a more conventional movie
- Superman reboot, Hollywood movie on Hollywood make big screen debuts this weekend
- Photographer captures images of movie sets preserved in African desert sands
- Borgia's Jeremy Irons has perfected role of being bad
- Magic, friendship and thrills among movie new releases this weekend
- 'Girl Rising' documentary highlights importance of girls' education in the developing world
- Best picture winner Argo, nominees Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty draw criticism
- Play #OscarsBingo with PRI and Studio 360
- Warm Bodies, Bullet to the Head out in theaters this weekend
- Brothers Grimm fairy tale Hansel and Gretel gets superhero upgrade
- Apple seeks to chart new course with rollout of iOS 7 software
- West Bank’s only ballet school offers refuge for Palestinian kids
- Iona Rozeal Brown creates Afro-Japanese art mashup
- Sarah Sze set to represent U.S. at art's Venice Biennale
- Young musical director mashes history with music to create entertaining show
- New York's Museum of Modern Art reconsiders decision to raze neighbor
- New York's Museum of Modern Art 'acquires' @ for its permanent collection
- Irish actress plays singular role in Broadway's Testament of Mary
- Tom Hanks says he aspires to appear in a completely silent movie
- Provocative artist Charles Krafft goes public as Holocaust denier