Arts and Entertainment
The creator of The Wire talks about his HBO drama Treme, set in Post-Katrina New Orleans, Louisiana.
A mix of chess and boxing, chessboxing mixes physical and mental prowess, and it's starting to catch on....
Singer songwriter Susan Vega, of "Tom's Diner" fame, talks about her new, one-woman show Carson McCullers Talks About Love. ...
For his new novel about a fake Shakespeare play, Arthur Phillips wrote a full-length Shakespearean play. ...
Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Tony Kushner talks about his new play "The Intelligent Homosexual's Guide to Capitalism and Socialism With a Key to the Scriptures."...
Three years after the HBO series "The Wire" ended, academics continue to use the show to stir discussion on race, poverty, and violence. ...
Monopoly Live, out next fall, will replace paper money with ATM cards, but will that be enough for the game to get with the times?...
"Love's Labour's Lost" is the first Shakespeare play to be performed in Afghanistan since the Soviet invasion of 1979. ...
African Americans are sharing shoe boxes of photos to discover their family stories. ...
Young writers in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, gather together in The Gathering of Young Thinkers....
- Eddie Huang discusses memoir, growing up Taiwanese-American
- Book 'Ghana Must Go' explores the lives of Afropolitans
- Widely praised author Stephane Hessel dies -- with one book still to publish
- Academy Award-nominee Life of Pi inspired by much older book by Brazilian author
- Classic book 'Of Mice and Men' under scrutiny in Turkey
- The Giver author describes upcoming fourth book; movie in the works
- Modern Hamlet achieves record-breaking Kickstarter campaign
- Stella Rimington: The real woman behind James Bond's M
- New book looks tells fictional tale of post-euro Europe
- Andrew McCarthy's new book tells tale of transition from movie star to travel writer
- Musician Dom La Nena's debut album fits her diminutive name
- Darcy James Argue's 'Brooklyn Babylon' almost never was
- U.K.'s hot new singer Jessie Ware debuts new album in the U.S.
- Thatcher's legacy includes activists songwriters who challenged her tenure
- Legendary Indian classical musicians bring songs to United States
- Long-lost Jimi Hendrix concert recording finds new life
- Musicologist collects Saharan music with cellphones
- Utah band blends American folk music with Chinese instruments
- Hungarian surf rock band breaks new ground in nation's music scene
- Spanish-turned American Flamenco artist releases album inspired by colors of spring
- Photographer captures images of movie sets preserved in African desert sands
- Borgia's Jeremy Irons has perfected role of being bad
- Magic, friendship and thrills among movie new releases this weekend
- 'Girl Rising' documentary highlights importance of girls' education in the developing world
- Best picture winner Argo, nominees Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty draw criticism
- Play #OscarsBingo with PRI and Studio 360
- Warm Bodies, Bullet to the Head out in theaters this weekend
- Brothers Grimm fairy tale Hansel and Gretel gets superhero upgrade
- CIA plays active role in managing its image in Hollywood films
- Zero Dark Thirty, out this weekend, 'remarkably accurate' yet still controversial
- Young musical director mashes history with music to create entertaining show
- New York's Museum of Modern Art reconsiders decision to raze neighbor
- New York's Museum of Modern Art 'acquires' @ for its permanent collection
- Irish actress plays singular role in Broadway's Testament of Mary
- Tom Hanks says he aspires to appear in a completely silent movie
- Provocative artist Charles Krafft goes public as Holocaust denier
- New play about Isaac Newton tells story of time he supposedly put a needle in his eye
- Can creativity be measured with a score?
- Architect proposes natural-inspired rethink of New York City waterfront
- New exhibition at N.Y.'s Met looks at roots of photo manipulation