Arts and Entertainment
After fruitless negotiations on Tuesday, NBA Commissioner David Stern canceled the first two weeks of the regular season. Both sides say they are far apart on an agreement.
The cult-classic TV show "Arrested Development" is returning, with 9 or 10 TV episodes that would reintroduce all the characters and ultimately lead into a movie....
A new Broadway play called "The Mountaintop" imagines Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s private moments in his hotel room in the hours leading up to his death. ...
Women take the lead in new primetime sitcoms this fall, and men are more goofy, incompetent, and powerless than ever before....
A new study from the University of Virginia found that viewing "SpongeBob Square Pants" immediately impaired attention spans among 4-year-olds. ...
A Dutch TV game show is giving rejected asylum seekers the chance to win nearly $6,000 to start a new life after they are deported....
Best known for playing Abed on the NBC show 'Community,' Pudi talks about his Polish-Indian upbringing and his path to acting....
A new documentary contends that author Ken Kesey's legendary cross-country road trip kicked off the psychedelic 1960s....
How Mario Bros changed the face of gaming, and why it continues to be a huge presence after 30 years....
The disconnect between America's multiracial society and what's represented in media....
- Eddie Huang discusses memoir, growing up Taiwanese-American
- Book 'Ghana Must Go' explores the lives of Afropolitans
- Widely praised author Stephane Hessel dies -- with one book still to publish
- Academy Award-nominee Life of Pi inspired by much older book by Brazilian author
- Classic book 'Of Mice and Men' under scrutiny in Turkey
- The Giver author describes upcoming fourth book; movie in the works
- Modern Hamlet achieves record-breaking Kickstarter campaign
- Stella Rimington: The real woman behind James Bond's M
- New book looks tells fictional tale of post-euro Europe
- Andrew McCarthy's new book tells tale of transition from movie star to travel writer
- Musician Dom La Nena's debut album fits her diminutive name
- Darcy James Argue's 'Brooklyn Babylon' almost never was
- U.K.'s hot new singer Jessie Ware debuts new album in the U.S.
- Thatcher's legacy includes activists songwriters who challenged her tenure
- Legendary Indian classical musicians bring songs to United States
- Long-lost Jimi Hendrix concert recording finds new life
- Musicologist collects Saharan music with cellphones
- Utah band blends American folk music with Chinese instruments
- Hungarian surf rock band breaks new ground in nation's music scene
- Spanish-turned American Flamenco artist releases album inspired by colors of spring
- Photographer captures images of movie sets preserved in African desert sands
- Borgia's Jeremy Irons has perfected role of being bad
- Magic, friendship and thrills among movie new releases this weekend
- 'Girl Rising' documentary highlights importance of girls' education in the developing world
- Best picture winner Argo, nominees Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty draw criticism
- Play #OscarsBingo with PRI and Studio 360
- Warm Bodies, Bullet to the Head out in theaters this weekend
- Brothers Grimm fairy tale Hansel and Gretel gets superhero upgrade
- CIA plays active role in managing its image in Hollywood films
- Zero Dark Thirty, out this weekend, 'remarkably accurate' yet still controversial
- Young musical director mashes history with music to create entertaining show
- New York's Museum of Modern Art reconsiders decision to raze neighbor
- New York's Museum of Modern Art 'acquires' @ for its permanent collection
- Irish actress plays singular role in Broadway's Testament of Mary
- Tom Hanks says he aspires to appear in a completely silent movie
- Provocative artist Charles Krafft goes public as Holocaust denier
- New play about Isaac Newton tells story of time he supposedly put a needle in his eye
- Can creativity be measured with a score?
- Architect proposes natural-inspired rethink of New York City waterfront
- New exhibition at N.Y.'s Met looks at roots of photo manipulation