Arts and Entertainment
Joe Frazier, the former heavyweight boxing champ who lost his title to Muhammad Ali in two battles, including the Thrilla in Manilla, died Monday at 67 of liver cancer.
Restaurants near NBA arenas are cutting hours, laying off employees and otherwise tried to cut expenses as they deal with the lack of NBA games to fill their buildings....
With the NBA season officially delayed and leaders saying there's no way a full season can be played, arena employees who are now without jobs are turning to community organizations to help with their most basic needs....
The art of making sugar skulls for Day of the Dead festivities in Mexico is disappearing as artisans to make them give up the craft or die. Day of the dead is celebrated Nov. 1 and 2....
Ridge Barden, a 16-year-old, died during a football game recently from what looks like routine play. Doctors think he may have suffered from something called second impact syndrome....
In the World Series, Game 6 Thursday night was legendary. Now, the St. Louis Cardinals and Texas Rangers will meet in a decisive Game 7 tonight....
Host of one of iTunes's most successful podcasts talks about his fall from grace and return to fame in the realm of comedy....
After much criticism, the NCAA is poised to take up proposals that could bring about major changes to the rules governing college football, basketball and other sports....
The goal for both the St. Louis Cardinals and Texas Rangers tonight will be to get their starting pitchers to pitch more innings than their bullpens. Both teams have struggled with their starting pitching throughout the league championship series....
The winner of this year's Indianapolis 500, and one of the more well-known Indy Car drivers, Englishman Dan Wheldon died in a fiery crash in Las Vegas on Sunday. He was 33....
- Eddie Huang discusses memoir, growing up Taiwanese-American
- Book 'Ghana Must Go' explores the lives of Afropolitans
- Widely praised author Stephane Hessel dies -- with one book still to publish
- Academy Award-nominee Life of Pi inspired by much older book by Brazilian author
- Classic book 'Of Mice and Men' under scrutiny in Turkey
- The Giver author describes upcoming fourth book; movie in the works
- Modern Hamlet achieves record-breaking Kickstarter campaign
- Stella Rimington: The real woman behind James Bond's M
- New book looks tells fictional tale of post-euro Europe
- Andrew McCarthy's new book tells tale of transition from movie star to travel writer
- Musician Dom La Nena's debut album fits her diminutive name
- Darcy James Argue's 'Brooklyn Babylon' almost never was
- U.K.'s hot new singer Jessie Ware debuts new album in the U.S.
- Thatcher's legacy includes activists songwriters who challenged her tenure
- Legendary Indian classical musicians bring songs to United States
- Long-lost Jimi Hendrix concert recording finds new life
- Musicologist collects Saharan music with cellphones
- Utah band blends American folk music with Chinese instruments
- Hungarian surf rock band breaks new ground in nation's music scene
- Spanish-turned American Flamenco artist releases album inspired by colors of spring
- Photographer captures images of movie sets preserved in African desert sands
- Borgia's Jeremy Irons has perfected role of being bad
- Magic, friendship and thrills among movie new releases this weekend
- 'Girl Rising' documentary highlights importance of girls' education in the developing world
- Best picture winner Argo, nominees Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty draw criticism
- Play #OscarsBingo with PRI and Studio 360
- Warm Bodies, Bullet to the Head out in theaters this weekend
- Brothers Grimm fairy tale Hansel and Gretel gets superhero upgrade
- CIA plays active role in managing its image in Hollywood films
- Zero Dark Thirty, out this weekend, 'remarkably accurate' yet still controversial
- Young musical director mashes history with music to create entertaining show
- New York's Museum of Modern Art reconsiders decision to raze neighbor
- New York's Museum of Modern Art 'acquires' @ for its permanent collection
- Irish actress plays singular role in Broadway's Testament of Mary
- Tom Hanks says he aspires to appear in a completely silent movie
- Provocative artist Charles Krafft goes public as Holocaust denier
- New play about Isaac Newton tells story of time he supposedly put a needle in his eye
- Can creativity be measured with a score?
- Architect proposes natural-inspired rethink of New York City waterfront
- New exhibition at N.Y.'s Met looks at roots of photo manipulation