Lara Logan has told "60 Minutes" she feared she would die a "torturous death" before suffering a sexual assault at the hands of a violent mob in Egypt's Tahrir Square.
The CBS correspondent gave her first television interview since the attack two months ago, while she was covering the anti-Mubarak protests in Egypt, to the program she now works for.
Logan was in a crowd in Tahrir Square when she reportedly lost contact with her team — including a former member of Britain's elite military special services who was acting as a bodyguard — for about 25 minutes and endured a sexual assault and beating.
She says that she first sensed danger when her interpreter said "we've got to get out of here" after hearing words in the Arabic-speaking crowd that concerned him.
He advised the team to leave, but before they could, a mob of several hundred men encircled Logan, CBS reports.
"There was no doubt in my mind that I was in the process of dying," she reportedly says in the interview. "I thought not only am I going to die, but it's going to be just a torturous death that's going to go on forever..."
She reportedly says that thoughts of her two young children helped reinforce her determination to survive the assault, which ended when she was rescued by a group of Egyptian women and soldiers.
When Logan saw her children again, she said she "felt like I had been given a second chance that I didn't deserve...because I did that to them. I came so close to leaving them, to abandoning them."
Logan began her first full day back in her "60 Minutes" office on Wednesday.